Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
PARTICLE ILLUSION:particle Illusion Forumparticle Illusion Tutorialsparticle IllusionAfter Effects ForumAutodesk Combustion Forum

PNG/TIFF/TGA AUugggghhh, please help!!

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
EddiePNG/TIFF/TGA AUugggghhh, please help!!
by on Jan 30, 2004 at 2:49:16 pm

OKay so I tried using all of the aformentioned formats to save my p3 project. I ahd a 1,0000 still images, I loaded them into VV4 and images were slow. I tried changing the fps and they were still slow. Is there any way to compensate? Or will my images resume it's normal fluidity after I render to avi? I would still like to render straight to AVI. but at present I have not been successful. Please Help

Return to posts index

Alan LorenceRe: PNG/TIFF/TGA AUugggghhh, please help!!
by on Jan 30, 2004 at 3:36:53 pm

It seems like there might be a problem with AVIs on your system.

I've uploaded a DivX AVI I just created in pI3. Download it and verify a few things for me.

1) Can you load it in pI3?

2) Can you load it in Vegas Video (or whatever your NLE is)?

3) Can you play in in Windows Media Player?

http://www.wondertouch.com/downloads/temp/cow/bubbles_divx.avi

Alan.

Return to posts index

EddieRe: bubbles divx
by on Jan 30, 2004 at 3:50:39 pm

Alan, amzingly I was able to play all three! I am most definitely doing something terribly wrong!

Return to posts index

Alan LorenceRe: bubbles divx
by on Jan 30, 2004 at 3:59:55 pm

Ok, so do the following. Do only what I show below (don't do anything extra):

1) Open pIllusion.

2) Click on the stage (this will add an emitter).

3) Click on the "save output" button (the red circle in the playback toolbar)

4) Type "alan_avi_test.avi" in the filename box. Note which folder this will be saved in (or change to a different folder first). Then click the Save button.

5) The output options window shows next. Just click the OK button.

6) In the AVI options window that shows next, select "DivX" from the pulldown menu and click the OK button.

The video will now render. Make sure you leave pIllusion in front of other windows while it's rendering. When it's finished, find the "alan_avi_test.avi" file and you should be able to play it in WMP, Vegas, etc.

Alan.

Return to posts index

EddieRe: Determined to Learn
by on Jan 30, 2004 at 5:18:48 pm

Alan, the problem I was having was using my created p3 avi file to play in a recognizeable format by vegas. THe emitters work just fine by themselves, but when I add a file to p3, then add an emitter, and then try to load back into my vv4 it reads not recognizeable. I ahve been paying great attention to making sure it is saved as a avi. file and not a p3 project file with the p3 etx.

In order to even get p3 too work, I have to render once in VV4 as an avi, then again in quicktime and once more in virtual dub each time saving as an "AVI". I have even attempted skipping a few of those steps, then I get avi. error I know there has got to be an easier way. Especially to at lease see my finished p3 project into my NLE. As I mentioned earlier, there has been no problems just using stills, just avi.

Return to posts index

Alan LorenceRe: Determined to Learn
by on Jan 30, 2004 at 5:40:07 pm

You've got to work with me. Did the things that I asked you to try work? Were you able to create an AVI in pI3 that you can load into VV4?

Until I get an answer to this, I can't provide any more help.

Alan.

Return to posts index

EddieRe: Determined to Learn
by on Jan 30, 2004 at 6:24:37 pm

yes it did work.

Return to posts index

Steven L. GotzRe: Determined to Learn
by on Jan 30, 2004 at 6:30:19 pm

You certainly have the right guy helping you. Be patient. If it can be done, Alan will find a way. What other program this sophisticated can you buy and get the author's assistance.

Steven
Adobe Premiere Pro / After Effects 6.0 Pro / Hobbyist
http://www.stevengotz.com/premiere.htm

Return to posts index

EddieRe: no it didn't work
by on Jan 30, 2004 at 6:32:51 pm

Sorry, I meant to answer no, but typed yes, brain fart I guess! Anyway, if my questions are getting annoying, I'll just take a breather and allow other users a chance to get support. Thanks for your great help, I'll take a crack at this later.

Return to posts index

Alan LorenceRe: no it didn't work
by on Jan 30, 2004 at 6:50:14 pm

Ok, crap. I just typed a long post based on your "yes" answer.

So to summarize, you ARE able to load the DivX AVI that I saved (you can open it in pI3, VV4, and WMP). You then tried saving a DivX AVI in pI3, and NOTHING can read it. If that's all correct, then try this:

Forget pI3. In VV4, load ANY AVI that you can. Somewhere in VV4 there is a way to "render out" a final movie. Somewhere else, there are settings that enable you to choose the format of that output movie. (I have never seen VV4, so I can't be more specific.) Find where those output settings are, and select DivX AVI. Then output an AVI.

After outputting that DivX AVI, see if you can load it back into VV4. If you can't, then either 1) you're doing something really wrong or 2) your system is really messed up.

If you CAN load it into VV4, then try loading it into pI3 -- r-click the layers window and select "background image", etc.

If it does load, you're all set. If it DID load into VV4 but will not load into pI3, then I don't think it's been saved in the correct format, and send it to me.

(You've GOT TO LET ME KNOW how this turns out. Don't just reply "it works" or "no, it doesn't". There are several steps here, and you have to let me know which step doesn't work.)

Alan.

Return to posts index

EddieRe: Okay
by on Jan 30, 2004 at 8:10:36 pm

I was able to create an avi file in vegas 4, rendered with the DIVX codec pro(tm) 5.1, after rendering I imported the new file back into vegas4 with success. Afterwhich, I then r-clicked added as a backgroound image into p3, which asked to resize, I clicked yes, it stated the frame rate did not match. I thne clicked play and the stage was blank with one tiny red dot at the bottom of the stage.

I am emailing you the file as stated in your previous post.

Return to posts index

Alan LorenceRe: Okay
by on Jan 30, 2004 at 8:35:54 pm

That file you sent me opens fine in WMP9, but not in pI3. It didn't give an error message (except for the framerate mismatch, but that's just an informational message, not an error really), but it doesn't display correctly in pI3.

I think those Vegas settings that Elvis mentioned are the key.

Alan.

Return to posts index

Elvis DeaneSomething to try in Vegas
by on Jan 30, 2004 at 8:19:39 pm

I'm used to going out from pI and into Vegas, so this is slightly new territory for me. But this is what I just tried taking a clip in Vegas and rendering it out to AVI and then importing it into pI.

In Vegas, go to the File menu and Render as.

Type in the filename you want to save out to, make sure the Template area says "Default Template (uncompressed)" and hit the Custom button.

In the first Project tab, leave "Video rendering quality" on good. In the Video tab, make sure the "Video Format" is set to uncompressed. At the bottom, there should be two checkboxes, Render Alpha Channel, and Create an OpenDML (AVI version 2.0) compatible file. Make sure both of these are checked. If I render out with them unchecked, the AVI loads up as a blank in pI.

--
Elvis Deane!
The particleIllusion FAQ
particleIllusion Resources and tutorial CD
Astounding Adventures

Return to posts index

EddieRe: Something to try in Vegas
by on Jan 30, 2004 at 8:31:25 pm

Okay, I will try that as well. I was able to do that without checking those boxes maybe that's the step I am missing when creating the file. Cause when I get an avi loaded add emitters, then try an opmne that same file back into VV4 it says not recognized format. Thanks I will give it a shot as well!

Return to posts index

EddieRe: Elvis Vegas
by on Jan 31, 2004 at 7:31:10 am

Elvis, as far as I can tell now, the main problem lies in after I create a finished product in Pl3 (adding just one emitter) my computer is not able to recognize the format of the avi. I have created the avi using the Divx codec, but something is happening once I render. Therein lies the problem, which I am hoping is easy solution that I am overlooking. Can you help me?

Return to posts index

Elvis DeaneRe: Elvis Vegas
by on Jan 31, 2004 at 8:29:29 am

Can you email me a short DIVX clip rendered out of pI3? It just has to be a few frames long. I'd like to see if it's a corrupt file, or if I can open it. That would let us know if its something going on with pI, or whether its something specifically with your computer.

My email address is elvis@shockingtales.com

--
Elvis Deane!
The particleIllusion FAQ
particleIllusion Resources and tutorial CD
Astounding Adventures

Return to posts index

Alan LorenceRe: Determined to Learn
by on Jan 30, 2004 at 6:42:28 pm

Ok, that's good. Now try these steps.

1) start pIllusion.

2) r-click in the layer window and select "background image". Select the "bubbles_divx.avi" file that you downloaded.

3) When (if) it asks if you want to resize the stage, click "Yes". Then click "OK".

4) You now have an AVI loaded as a bg image in pIllusion (it's an AVI that uses the DivX codec). click anywhere on the stage (to add an emitter).

5) Press the "save output" button. Enter "alan_avi_test_2.avi" as the name, then press the Save button.

6) Press the OK button to close the output options dialog.

7) Select the DivX codec again and press OK.

It will now create a new AVI of the emitter you added on top of the bubbles AVI.

When it's done, you should be able to open that alan_avi_test_2.avi file in VV4. (It's a DivX AVI, and you were able to load a DivX AVI into VV4 earlier.)

Please let me know if you are able to open in in VV4. If you are, then we'll move on to the last step.

Note: It doesn't matter what format the AVI is that you're using as a bg image in pIllusion. It doesn't matter how many emitters you have. It doesn't matter at all if there is anything being drawn in the stage or not -- once you save output and create a DivX AVI, it's just a DivX AVI, and all programs that can load AVIs should be able to load it. Doesn't matter what program created it.

Does that all make sense?

Alan.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]