Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
PARTICLE ILLUSION:particle Illusion Forumparticle Illusion Tutorialsparticle IllusionAfter Effects ForumAutodesk Combustion Forum

Which codec best for output avii file in PI, then avi to Mpeg?

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Jeremy SooWhich codec best for output avii file in PI, then avi to Mpeg?
by on Oct 31, 2003 at 10:21:53 pm

Hi,
Does anyone knows which codec is best for output avi files in PI? I'm currently using Indeo Video 5.10 100% Quality (640X480) size. The avi looks fine in avi file, but once I output/converted (Using Ulead PAL VCD setting) it to a VCD/Mpeg format files, some of the bachground photo seems to break/moving/vibrate. Any solution to these? The ulead quality is better than I derectly output my projects in Preniere to Mpeg format.
My questions :

1. Which codec best for avi output in PI in terms of quality? Can we add new codec to PI?
2. Does anyone here knows which software/codec best for avi to mpeg convertion in terms of quality?

thank you all very much1 L)

Jeremy Soo

Return to posts index

sbilfRe: Which codec best for output avii file in PI, then avi to Mpeg?
by on Nov 1, 2003 at 1:15:16 pm

Hello,
I like to use a PNG or TGA seq, next import in Vegas (but I think in Premiere work fine too) and here I can choose the output (and compose with other clips too).
Cheers, Max.

Return to posts index

Elvis DeaneRe: Which codec best for output avii file in PI, then avi to Mpeg?
by on Nov 1, 2003 at 5:57:36 pm

You'll always get best quality by either exporting an uncompressed AVI, or by exporting a sequence of images to a TIF, TGA or PNG (I like PNG, the file sizes are nice and small). Its best to render to uncompressed when you're going to be converting to mpeg. That way you aren't losing image quality twice.

If you install any new codecs onto your computer, it should be available from the drop-down list in pI. Uncompressed is always the best quality. If you don't have the hard drive space to handle that, HuffyUV also works really well because it's lossless and the resulting files are about half the size of an uncompressed clip. You can also output a DIVX avi at the highest bitrate, and it should look okay.

--
Elvis Deane!
particleIllusion Resources and tutorial CD
Astounding Adventures

Return to posts index

Jeremy SooRe: Which codec best for output avii file in PI, then avi to Mpeg?
by on Nov 2, 2003 at 12:43:07 am

Elvis, what is this HuffyUV you are talking about? Is it a codec? Where can I get it from? Thanks!

By the way, do you know what is this "Vegas" thing peoples are talking in this forum? Is it a software? What is the software full name and it newest version available? Where can I get it from?

Thank you.

Jeremy Soo

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]