Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

SONY UVW 1800 ERROR CODE

COW Forums : Broadcast Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
sebastian szwonderSONY UVW 1800 ERROR CODE
by on Jun 2, 2004 at 2:44:48 pm

Hello 2 questions.

1) I am receiveing error code 02-964 and my tape does not eject. Last summer I received error code 02-174 with the same thing no ejection of my tape. A technichian i know fixed it for me and he said all he needed to dois clean and adjust some things inside the deck. I am wondering if witrh this new error code anyone knows if i am going to need a loan to replace this deck or is it just another maintnace issue.

tangent 1 i also see shearing of the bottom of the creen on output...this just started happening....is this a clean my head or replace my heads issue.

2) Does anyone now of a tech place tgo recommend and what type of prices i may expect to have these issues fixed. I am located in new york city. My regular tech is on vgacation for 3 freakin weeks and waiting for him to come back is not an option.

Thanks a bunchg in advance, sebastian

Return to posts index

Charlie KingRe: SONY UVW 1800 ERROR CODE
by on Jun 2, 2004 at 4:38:07 pm

The shearing you speak of sounds like possible edge damage. Open teh door on teh cassette and see if you see a crease or anything that doesn't look right. If it is edge damage it could mean guides out of alignment. That is about all I can think of at the moment. Not sure what that particular errer code is. You have to break the bank to get a manual with error codes from Sony. If you know someone that has one have them look it up for you.

Charlie

ProductionKing Video Services
Unmarked Door Productions
Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel
Las Vegas, Nevada

Return to posts index

SEBASTIAN SZWONDERRe: SONY UVW 1800 ERROR CODE
by on Jun 4, 2004 at 3:22:15 am

Charlie as always thank you.

It seems that he deck was suffering from a few maladies, as you suspected it needed to be alligned.
Also I needed a new roll motor, something pinchers and this and that.

I have found out that error 02-694 meanbs 748.32 including parts and labor.

I was happy to find out it didnt mean a trip to bhphoto for a new deck. which would have mean error code Bankrupt.

I love this place thanks for you help.

I will post the name and contact of the place i used when my transaction is final. but so far they would come very recommended.

Return to posts index

SEBASTIAN SZWONDERRe: SONY UVW 1800 ERROR CODE
by on Jun 4, 2004 at 3:22:45 am

Charlie as always thank you.

It seems that he deck was suffering from a few maladies, as you suspected it needed to be alligned.
Also I needed a new roll motor, something pinchers and this and that.

I have found out that error 02-694 meanbs 748.32 including parts and labor.

I was happy to find out it didnt mean a trip to bhphoto for a new deck. which would have mean error code Bankrupt.

I love this place thanks for you help.

I will post the name and contact of the place i used when my transaction is final. but so far they would come very recommended.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]