Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Quicktime encoding with MPEG

COW Forums : Compression techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
PiaQuicktime encoding with MPEG
by on Oct 25, 2001 at 9:51:01 am

Hi everybody!
I have to make a Quicktimemovie which should be encoded with Mpeg. Does anyone have experience on that?
Pia.

Return to posts index

DannyRe: Quicktime encoding with MPEG
by on Oct 30, 2001 at 10:31:31 am

Yes I do, what problems are you having?

Return to posts index

PiaRe: Quicktime encoding with MPEG
by on Oct 31, 2001 at 9:39:58 am

Thank u for ur reply.

I have heard of Quicktime movies that are encoded as MPEG but still are ".mov"-files.

I´ve tried to produce such a quicktime movie with cleaner 5.0: I selected "Quicktime" on Outpout, and video, audio and Mpeg on "tracks".
But the codec still is sorenson, and the Quicktimemovie still has these typical stripes in faster Movement in the movie.

But I have to produce a movie that has the Quality and size of a ".mpg"-movie, but still is a ".mov"-file.
We need this movie for a Multimedia-Projekt made with Macromedia-Director.
I guess I need another software to cope this task. Which software did u use?

Thank u for ur efforts so far.
Best regards.
Pia.
Cologne, Germany.

Return to posts index

DannyRe: Quicktime encoding with MPEG
by on Oct 31, 2001 at 12:35:50 pm

Cleaner will do the job very well:

In the Output tab, under 'Format' select MPEG-1, not Quicktime. You'll end up with an MPEG-1 file that will play in Quicktime on Mac and usually Windows Media player on PC. You'll find that on a Mac you can have either the .mov or .mpg file name and it'll still play in QT. On Windows a .mov filename will open it in QT and a .mpg will open in WMP.
Filename extensions (.mov, .mpg, .aif etc) are not important on Mac but are usually essential on Windows

If you want to create a .mov at the same quality of MPEG-1, use Sorenson 3 and up the datarate utill you reach the desired quality.

Return to posts index

PiaRe: Quicktime encoding with MPEG
by on Oct 31, 2001 at 2:42:40 pm

hi,
does sorenson 3 also create these for sorenson codec typical stripes when fast movements are shown in the movie?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]