Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Best depth of field blur plugin ?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Donat Van BellinghenBest depth of field blur plugin ?
by on Oct 19, 2001 at 6:20:55 pm

Hi,

For an upcoming job I'll have to deal with CGI, and I'd like to simulate a very narrow depth of field on those 3D images. I've already made some tests with depth channels which I used with the compound blur filter in AE, yet I don't like the results at all. It doesn't give me look I'm after. I know that Puffin Desings is selling plugins for that purpose, and I'm going to test them but I'd like to know if there are other companies making similar plugins and which one is the best buy for that kind of macro-shot-with-a-narrow-depth-of-field-effect I'm looking for.

Return to posts index

bogiesanRe: Best depth of field blur plugin ?
by on Oct 19, 2001 at 8:02:32 pm

If your stuff iscoming in with depth information in the z-depth RLA file it can be turned into camera and lens effects directly within AE.
z-depth Matte, z-depth Fog, and Depth Of Field all access this information.

Evolution's Multiplane has a great set of camera controls,

The Puffin Real Lens set of filters are way cool but they take for freakin' ever to render on my G3/450. Wish they were Iced.

david

Return to posts index

Barend OnneweerRe: Best depth of field blur plugin ?
by on Oct 21, 2001 at 9:07:29 am

I haven't seen any nicer plugins then the Real Lens Blur from Puffin's Image Lounge. It's a little slow, depending also on the settings, the amount of course, but als the edge enhancement and other settings.

It's too cool though, and works great with the RLA files, although often I render separate layers in 3D, separate back and foregrounds, but this is no solution for complex scenes.

Bar3nd

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]