Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MAXON CINEMA 4D:Cinema 4D ForumCinema 4D TutorialsCinema 4D TagAdobe After Effects Forum

multipass render help

COW Forums : Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Neilmultipass render help
by on Jan 27, 2005 at 11:18:07 am

I want to render my animated scene with only 1 object visible - where other objects pass over/infront of it I want a gap. - ie. Imagine cube A is the only thing i want to be visible in my render, cube B passes across cube A and I want the shape of cube B to block part of cube A (leaving a hole/gap in A) even though cube B is invisible.

I guess another way of describing whAt I need is - a way of rendering an alpha channel of how a group of objects(i want to be invisible) affect(block from view) a visible object.

I hope this doesnt sound stupid but its hard to decribe without being too long winded.
I have been trying all kinds of multipass render settings and compositing tags but cant get it right.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: multipass render help
by on Jan 28, 2005 at 4:07:31 am

I think you'll have to do two renders: one with A and a multipass render with the other objects, where you assign object IDs and separate passes for the other objects. Then you can assemble the first render with the object ID passes in AE or similar.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]