Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MAXON CINEMA 4D:Cinema 4D ForumCinema 4D TutorialsCinema 4D TagAdobe After Effects Forum

Extending tubes in Cinema 4D?

COW Forums : Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Steve RobertsExtending tubes in Cinema 4D?
by on Oct 8, 2004 at 2:18:22 pm

I'd like to learn to extend & extrude 3D tubes, lines and arrows for motion graphics animations. However, it seems (to me) to be an overly complex thing to do in Lightwave, possibly because of the separation of Modeler and Layout.

Is it relatively straightforward to create this sort of thing in Cinema 4D?

Ideally, I'd like to be able to animate the object's growth along a path, then if necessary change its path without having to go back and re-model/re-save the object to the new path. The path doesn't need to change during the animation, so I'm not looking for a writhing tentacle/bones effect.

If there's a tutorial or book covering this, please feel free to send me in its general direction.

Thanks,
Steve

Return to posts index

ToddRe: Extending tubes in Cinema 4D?
by on Oct 8, 2004 at 4:24:33 pm

Just create a spline shape (or choose one of the premade shapes from the spline menu), then draw the path you want it to follow. Drag these two paths into a sweep nurbs object. Look in the manual for "sweep nurbs" for a more detailed explanation.

Return to posts index

Steve RobertsRe: Extending tubes in Cinema 4D?
by on Oct 8, 2004 at 5:13:46 pm

Thanks, Todd.

Steve

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Extending tubes in Cinema 4D?
by on Oct 8, 2004 at 8:16:00 pm

Just to expand a little: the sweep nurb is totally parametric so you can change the path or the profile at any time--or animate one or both. Only downside is that you can only animate the growth of a sweep, i.e., the end point, not the start point. But there's a plugin called Multiple Spline Attach (MSA) that's great for moving/deforming objects along a spline. http://www.xlentplugs.com

Return to posts index

Steve RobertsRe: Extending tubes in Cinema 4D?
by on Oct 10, 2004 at 1:53:42 am

Thanks, Adam. I'll check out the MSA plug.

Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]