Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MAXON CINEMA 4D:Cinema 4D ForumCinema 4D TutorialsCinema 4D TagAdobe After Effects Forum

Importing 3d Object into C4d

COW Forums : Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Scott FriedmanImporting 3d Object into C4d
by on Oct 7, 2004 at 11:49:16 pm

I brought an illustrator file into Zaxwerks Invigorator to give a 3d logo some extra bevels/faces etc so it would be easier to add multiple textures in C4D. I tried exporting as a .c4d AND .obj file but when I bring those into C4D, i see nothing. The object is in my OBJECTS window and the accompanying textures from Invigorator are imported and i see an axis for the object in my display but the objects just are simply not there. Do I have to do something differently when I import? Do I have to convert the object once it's brought in? I'd prefer not to have to add bevels/faces in C4D because I don't think they would come out as nice. Thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

Tuan NguyenRe: Importing 3d Object into C4d
by on Oct 7, 2004 at 11:55:59 pm

Do you see any points at all? Select your object and press the letter "H" to see every object in you scene. If you can send the file so we can see it.

Return to posts index

Scott FriedmanRe: Importing 3d Object into C4d
by on Oct 8, 2004 at 12:23:23 am

thanks for the quick reply but I exported it as a .dxf file (which was the only possibility listed in BOTH the c4d preferences and the invig options) so the problem is solved. but i appreciate the fast response.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]