Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MAXON CINEMA 4D:Cinema 4D ForumCinema 4D TutorialsCinema 4D TagAdobe After Effects Forum

Deflecting objects in a worm tunnel!

COW Forums : Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
CJayzDeflecting objects in a worm tunnel!
by on Aug 13, 2004 at 12:08:53 am

I've just finshed making a worm tunnel, with a camera on a spline and all looking good, and there's too things I'm wishing to do. 1) How do you make the particles in the particle generator solids and 2) making the inner tunnel made of deflective material for the particles to bounce down.

I've tried to put deflective material around the corners and other places, but with all the splines showing up on the screen, it's getting abit messy trying to accurately place these deflectors. I guess there's no way of making the whole tunnel one big deflective tunnel, is there??

Many thanks for your thoughts.

CJayz

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Deflecting objects in a worm tunnel!
by on Aug 13, 2004 at 4:43:33 am

Place an object as a child of the emitter to have it emitted. You can place a null under the emitter and then various object inside the null to have the various objects emitted randomly. This is assuming that you're using the standard particles (not Thinking Particles), which is what it sounds like you've got going.

For the collision effects I'd advise you to download the free Fizz plugin. It handles particle-object and particle-particle collision, and it can even spawn new particles from collisions. You can get it here: http://www.bonkers.de/download/downloads.html

It may not come with a manual, due to some kind of flap between the programmer (David O'Reilly) and the plugin's former distributor, but if you download the plugin *demo* from Plugin Cafe it comes with a .pdf manual. :) Fizz used to cost over $100 but David graciously made it freeware after R8 was released.

Return to posts index

Mark SimpsonRe: Deflecting objects in a worm tunnel!
by on Aug 13, 2004 at 4:45:01 am

Look into the 'Fizz' plug in. It will allow you to have particle to particle, and particle to poly collision detection. I used to be a pay plug in, but I think it's now free. Not sure where to get it, but I'd start looking at plug in cafe on maxons website.This can also be done with Thinking particles, but fizz is much much easier to use,

Mark Simpson

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]