Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MAXON CINEMA 4D:Cinema 4D ForumCinema 4D TutorialsCinema 4D TagAdobe After Effects Forum

Thorns Dynamics Demo

COW Forums : Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Mark SimpsonThorns Dynamics Demo
by on Aug 20, 2001 at 10:35:17 pm

I just got through watching Thorns Demo on 'Dynamics'. I din't know he moonlighted a s a comedian. That was actually pretty darn funny.

There's not a whole lot in that demo that's instructional, except for a little bit of the dynamics is somewhat 'how to' oriented. It's mostly Thorn showing the new features of XL7 render engine, and the basics of the new Dynamics plug-in. Other than that, it's pretty entertaining... (did I mention that it was funny?).

Just in case it wasn't mentioned anywhere else, the dynamics engine is real time. You can view how things will interact right in the editor window. This is one of the best things about it. Also, it integrates into the Cinema interface in much the same way that Body Paint does. It feels like it's part of the original app as installed.

So far, the only two demos that are more or less instructional, are the "Cinema 4D in production" Demo which is pretty cool as it involves modeling, texturing, lighting, and animating a basic castle scene complete with dynamics (some cannonballs roll down stairs), and the "Body Paint" demo.

I still haven't viewed the Doppleganger or XB111 demos yet.

Mark Simpson

Return to posts index

Chris CousinsRe: Thorns Dynamics Demo
by on Aug 21, 2001 at 1:01:19 pm

hey mark - is that an online bit of video, or one you recorded yourself? if it's online, have you got a link? [and if it's not online, have you got 80Mb of web space spare to stick it on! (joke...)]

I was mildly impressed with dynamics plug, until I saw the cloth demos and my jaw dropped...

D'you think they'll do an XL7/dynamics deal? and backdate it perhaps a couple of months...?

Seeyou later - CC

Return to posts index

Joel DubinRe: Thorns Dynamics Demo
by on Aug 21, 2001 at 1:05:27 pm

Hi Mark

Will there be a way for us to get access to these videos? Maybe Maxon could put them on thier site as streaming video, which is what Alias Wavefront did for their Macworld expo demos of Maya for MacOsX last year.

Return to posts index

Mark SimpsonRe: Thorns Dynamics Demo
by on Aug 21, 2001 at 2:20:37 pm

Hi Joel (and Chris),

I don't know what Plans Maxon has for these once I give them copies, but again, I'd like to get them into the hands of the public somehow. Once I get a chance to talk to someone, I'll know more. 3 of the demos are bout 40-55 minutes in length, and the other four are about 20 minutes in length. So that would take a bit of bandwidth to deliver to many people.

Mark Simpson

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]