Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MAXON CINEMA 4D:Cinema 4D ForumCinema 4D TutorialsCinema 4D TagAdobe After Effects Forum

Spline Path Help

COW Forums : Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Dave MontagueSpline Path Help
by on Jul 20, 2001 at 3:55:10 am

I have imported an illustrator file of a shaped pool. It is basically retangular with a half circle at one end. It is an outline only. I import it and then draw an intricate pool curb and I sweep the inticate curb spline to my illustrator outline. My problem is that the output is inverted every time. In other words I want the sculptured curb to follow my pool outline facing inward. It does it beautifully only invertedfacing outward. What I want inside is outside. I hope I have made this clear. Please help.

Dave

Return to posts index

thornRe: Spline Path Help
by on Jul 20, 2001 at 4:03:32 am

Sounds like the points of the rail spline (the 'curb') need to be rotated 180 degrees on the Y axis. Change to the points tool, then the rotate tool. Type 180 in the coordinates manager (y rotation) and see if that fixes it.

thorn

Return to posts index

thornRe: Spline Path Help
by on Jul 20, 2001 at 4:04:15 am

ARG - after changing to the points tool, select all the points of the curb spline. THEN do the rotate to 180/Y.

thorn

Return to posts index

Dave MontagueThank you both
by on Jul 20, 2001 at 5:13:00 am

It worked!

Return to posts index

Mark SimpsonRe: Spline Path Help
by on Jul 20, 2001 at 4:15:07 am

Select the spline shape you are applying to the pool outline. Then select the 'axis' tool. Now adjust it's rotation using the rotate tool or the coordinates manager. Also, make sure 'banking' is switched on.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]