Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE MOTION:HomeMotion ForumMotion TutorialsTagFCP ForumFCP Tutorials

Motion losing its filters

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Cory BauerMotion losing its filters
by on Mar 11, 2005 at 3:26:47 pm

Hey All,

I posted this issue at the Apple forums but have not yet got a response, so I thought I'd try the cow. Here's the deal:

So I was building a project in Motion today, and I happened to use that Plazma Orb thing from Motion's Library as part of a greater effect. Later in the day when I re-opened the same project, I'm presented with the following error:

The following items used to create this project are missing: Kaleidoscope Filter. Do you want to search for the missing media?

you can see a screen shot of the dialog box here:

http://homepage.mac.com/cbauer/files/missing.jpg

Clicking both cancel and search dismisses the dialog box and I can use my project without issue. But the same dialog will appear every single time I open any project that uses the Plazma Orb library item, or presumably any other library item that uses the Kaleidoscope filter (like the orb does).

So, I double-checked to make sure Kaleidoscope was still in the filters folder, and sure enough it was. I have not been able to eliminate this dialog popping up everytime I open a project using the Kaleidoscope filter. Here is what I have tried thus far:

- Reparing Disk Permissions
- Creating a new project
- Deleting and reinstalling Motion and all of its files
- Running fsck -f
- Creating a new user account
- Copying the Kaleidoscope filter to the other Motion/Library/Filters folder

Still, the dialog box persists. I have not tried installing Motion on another computer because I don't have another one that it will install on. So, anyone got a suggestion or two? Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Noah KadnerRe: Motion losing its filters
by on Mar 11, 2005 at 3:39:36 pm

Are you on 1.01? I had this problem once in a while with 1.0.

Noah

Return to posts index

Cory BauerRe: Motion losing its filters
by on Mar 11, 2005 at 3:40:54 pm

Noah,

Yeah, running Motion 1.01. After reinstalling it, I updated it via software update.

Return to posts index

Noah KadnerRe: Motion losing its filters
by on Mar 11, 2005 at 3:53:17 pm

On the system drive? And repaired permissions? With no norton or anti-virus running?

Return to posts index

Cory BauerRe: Motion losing its filters
by on Mar 11, 2005 at 3:58:20 pm

Yessir, on the system drive. Repaired disk permissions twice. No Norton or anti-virus software, or any 3rd party system tools of any kind Running all Apple, Adobe, and Macromedia software.

Return to posts index

H@nkRe: Motion losing its filters
by on Mar 19, 2005 at 2:12:49 am

Same thing happening to me. Any help would be appreciated.

H@nk

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]