Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AJA:AJA io ForumAJA Kona ForumAJA Xena ForumAJA io TutorialsAJA Kona TutorialsAJA Xena TutorialsAJA

Aja io or firewire

COW Forums : AJA io

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Paolo CernuschiAja io or firewire
by on Mar 28, 2005 at 1:50:13 pm

I use a Dvcam DSR390 Sony to shot my film.
The best way to capture in Final cut is: via Aja Io DVCPRO50 component with my dsr80, or via Firewire with my Dsr45?

Thank you
Paolo Cernuschi
http://www.recstudio.it

Return to posts index

Bob ZelinRe: Aja io or firewire
by on Mar 29, 2005 at 2:10:49 am

DSR80 has an option for SDI output -this would be the best way right into the AJA I/O SDI input, but the Sony DSR-45 has analog component outputs, and this would be the best way to transfer into the I/O.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Paolo CernuschiRe: Aja io or firewire
by on Mar 29, 2005 at 9:01:53 am

Thank you, but is better capture with dsr45 by firewire in G5 or by component out in DVCPRO50 in Aja?
Paolo Cernuschi

Return to posts index

Bob ZelinRe: Aja io or firewire
by on Mar 29, 2005 at 1:06:22 pm

In my opinion, it is always better to capture using the AJA I/O (or AVID Adrenaline, or Blackmagic card, etc.) ALWAYS instead of going straight in via Firewire. Others will disagree with me, saying that there is loss going thru converters.

You can use BOTH VTR's (DSR45 and DVCPro50) with analog component, into the AJA I/O. As I stated, may DVCPro50 VTR's have SDI outputs, and you will get excellent results going SDI out into the AJA I/O.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]