Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AJA:AJA io ForumAJA Kona ForumAJA Xena ForumAJA io TutorialsAJA Kona TutorialsAJA Xena TutorialsAJA

Jiggles

COW Forums : AJA io

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
GTV2000Jiggles
by on Mar 25, 2005 at 6:34:09 pm

I'm capturing Beta SP footage using an AJA IO into FCP 4.5. I'm using the AJA Betacam Capture presets, and transcoding to DV upon capture. On clips with some moderate motion (hand movement, etc) the captured image is jiggly. When I put the playback head on a single frame in the sequence where the frame appears jiggly, the still frame jiggles in my Sony broadcast monitor. The frame appears be divided into 5 or 6 horizontal bands, where one band jiggles and the next is steady.

The sequence preset is DV NTSC, and the video playback is AJA IO NTSC component Betacam video (there is no DV setting).

Field dominance of the captured clips are "not set." Field dominance for the sequence preset is lower/even.

The Betacam footage was shot with the iris opened wide, 2.8 I think, but the scene is well lit.

I have experimented with chaning the video playback quality to medium and low, but the results are the same. I have also tried changing the field dominance setting the browser, and tried changing the playback setting for the video.

Return to posts index

Lee BergerRe: Jiggles
by on Mar 26, 2005 at 1:03:54 pm

It sounds like a field dominance issue, but it shouldn't be. Did you choose the setting AJA NTSC Betacam to DV 48? I capture to DV and DVCPRO50 all the time with no problems. Have you tried capturing at 8 or 10 bit uncompressed as a comparison? This might indicate if it is an Io problem or codec issue.

Return to posts index

tony salgadoRe: Jiggles
by on Mar 26, 2005 at 5:09:09 pm

Yes,

This is a field dominance issue which I also discovered with the Kona 1 but the problem was fixed.

Do you have the latest drivers for the IO?

Tony Salgado

Return to posts index

GTV2000Re: Jiggles
by on Mar 28, 2005 at 12:09:43 pm

[tony salgado] "This is a field dominance issue which I also discovered with the Kona 1 but the problem was fixed.

Do you have the latest drivers for the IO? "

I am using the drivers that came on the software CD, but I have downloaded and installed the firmware update.

I think I may have discovered the cause, however. I reset the capture preset to 720 x 480 (NTSC DV 3:2), and recaptured the 'problem' clip. Problem gone. Somehow the preset in the AJA IO menu had this set to 720 x 486 (CCIR 601 NTSC (40: 27). Now I have to recapture all the clips in the sequence???

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]