Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AJA:AJA io ForumAJA Kona ForumAJA Xena ForumAJA io TutorialsAJA Kona TutorialsAJA Xena TutorialsAJA

AJA I/O report - day 1

COW Forums : AJA io

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Bob ZelinAJA I/O report - day 1
by on Jul 31, 2003 at 9:03:49 pm

I just put my first AJA I/O system together today (Mac G4 MDD 1.25, ATTO UL3D, StorCase DS570 RAID, and of course the I/O).

WOW - AJA once again has made the installation of this product a no brainer. The manual is very clear, and there are no "hickups". Pop in your SCSI card, initialize your drives. Load FCP4, load the AJA I/O drivers. Plug in the I/O box (that one little cable). BAM, it fires up, and works. No driver issues, no nightmares - it just turns on and works. For this reason alone, it will kill all the boards that compete with it.

And the quality is great. Deck control works great. No more Keyspan/Stealth/this driver, that driver conflict nonsense. It's cheap, it works, and it's great. No more ATI card/NVidia card -which one do I use -issues. The G5 will make it faster, and you know that next year, there will be a faster Mac than the G5 anyway.

Getting the AJA I/O is a no brainer.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

JeffRe: AJA I/O report - day 1
by on Aug 1, 2003 at 2:23:32 am

The system you just set up was using a RAID set-up for storage, I'm looking into getting an additional firewire card and using LaCie firewire drives for storage. I won't be using uncompressed, just PhotoJPEG or similar (just something, anything better than DV). What's your opinion of this set-up? Will it work? (Mac G4 dual 1Ghz, 1GB RAM)

And speaking of Firewire cards, which do you recomend? Keyspan?

Jeff

Return to posts index

ColinRe: AJA I/O report - day 1
by on Aug 1, 2003 at 4:00:35 am

FYI,

We have tested DV and PhotoJPEG capture/playback with Io and our TriggerFISH FireWire 800 disk drives. Attach Io to the Mac FW 400 port and attach TriggerFISH to our FW 800 PCI card. We have also tested capture and playback of 8 & 10-bit uncompressed footage with two of our drives striped together...don't expect RT uncompressed playback though.

Colin
Technical Support Manager
Humu Systems
http://www.humusystems.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]