Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
BORIS FX:Boris FX ForumBoris FX TutorialsBorisAfter EffectsMotion Graphics

Gang rendering for 2.1? Ice?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
ErikGang rendering for 2.1? Ice?
by on Jan 23, 2002 at 10:00:39 pm

I have to admit I am pretty new to editing. I would really like to stay on the Mac platform. I need more speed. I need to be able to "play" before I can make any sense of all these cool "new" tools. Can I speed up Red with an Ice board. Are there any other alternatives that can decrease preview time? Previewing is the only real slowdown when learning a new tool, that is for me anyway.
After the preview, how about rendering through other computers, using them as slaves?
DP500 FCP3, 1.5GB, seperate drives, OS9.2.2, OSX.

Return to posts index

Tim WilsonRe: Gang rendering for 2.1? Ice?
by on Jan 23, 2002 at 10:50:13 pm

Everybody wants more speed.

ICE sold a lot of boards because of this, but the speed increases are very specific, and don't apply to some of the worst culprits like 3D. You can in fact use ICE to speed up ICE'd plug-ins in RED, but that's it.

No remote rendering yet, although yours isn't the first request. We're looking into it.

The fact is that we've done a LOT to speed up RED 2.1 for what matters most, which is effects creation. We also have fast previews -- full res is often not necessary, so we offer half and quarter res, as well as half and quarter rate. Wireframe for 3D, too.

RED's speed is especially favorable when compared to other approaches to effects creation, such as using a variety of external apps, rather than one of them, integrated with your nle.

Dive in.

tw

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]