Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE ENCORE DVD:HomeForumTutorialsDVD Authoring

Copying a DVD

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Philippe VerdoniCopying a DVD
by on Aug 15, 2004 at 8:59:49 pm

I have made a video DVD which features only a VIDEO_TS directory and I would like to copy it on a blank DVD. Since Nero warns me that copying from the DVD unit to the burner is risky, I have copied the VIDEO_TS directory on my hard drive and shall use it to make the DVD. My question is should I use:
1 - the Nero video DVD option which presents a structure with 2 empy directories (VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS) and replace the empty VIDEO_TS directory with mine, or
2 - should I use the Nero Data DVD option and insert my VIDEO_TS directory in the empty structure displayed by Nero and then burn it?

Return to posts index

RoadkillRe: Copying a DVD
by on Aug 15, 2004 at 9:22:41 pm

What is it exactly that Nero is warning for? Doing a straight DVD->DVD copy is normally the easiest and safest method.

Return to posts index

Philippe VerdoniRe: Copying a DVD
by on Aug 16, 2004 at 7:54:53 am

The Nero warning is related to the fact that my DVD burner and my DVD reader are both on the same IDE ribbon cable. I have already failed burning DVD using the straight DVD->DVD copy but may be the reason was because I had used poor quality blank DVD.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 16, 2004 at 7:39:04 pm

There should be an option to let Nero write a disc image file to the harddisk first. This is how Nero does a DVD->DVD copy on a system with just a DVD burner (which is used as both source and target).

Return to posts index

Philippe VerdoniRe: Copying a DVD
by on Aug 16, 2004 at 8:05:41 pm

You're right this Nero command is "Save tracks to hard disk" my question is about how to burn a video DVD from the saved track, which option to select either 'Data DVD ' or 'Video DVD'; thank you.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 16, 2004 at 10:56:40 pm

Apparently there are differences between Nero 5 and 6. My version is 5 and I am afraid that I am confusing things for you. Hopefully another Nero 6 user can point you in the right direction.

(E.g. I am unfamiliar with a "Save tracks to hard disk" option in Nero. What I would be looking for is an option that creates an .nrg [Nero specific disc image file] and an option to burn from image files. In that case you wouldn't have to decide whether to burn a data or video DVD.)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]