Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE ENCORE DVD:HomeForumTutorialsDVD Authoring

Really annoying problem with DVD authoring programs

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Matt SeranoReally annoying problem with DVD authoring programs
by on Jul 10, 2004 at 1:03:32 am

I call it a problem. For some reason, these DVD authoring programs want to go about creating a rollover effect on menu buttons in a very different way then any other multimedia program. I need to know how to get an image to appear next to my button when selected or (activated.) I understand the whole highlight color state thing. I also know you can control the opacity for the different colors in different states. What I don't understand is how to create the layered image to where the program will somehow associate the highlight colors with the layers in my image. Maybe it doesn't even work like that. So basically, how can I get my buttons to do a simple rollover effect? I just want an image to appear next to or around my button when the button is activated. The other two states can stay at 0 opacity. I think once I understand this, I will also understand whats going on in DVD Studio also. It looks like they work the same way. I didn't get what I needed out of the help in the program. I'll read it again though. Thanks for any help.

Matt Serano

http://www.thecrossroadsoffate.com

Return to posts index

RoadkillRe: Really annoying problem with DVD authoring programs
by on Jul 10, 2004 at 1:09:30 pm

The problem (of not directly supporting rollover type buttons) is not caused by the authoring software, but by the DVD specification which doesn't offer any other tool than simple subpicture highlighting. This means that anything else can only be accomplished via workarounds.

For an Encore workaround have a look at the Adobe Encore forum FAQ: How do I create a Button Rollover effect?.

DVD Studio Pro basically does the same. The difference is that in Encore you have to do the whole workaround by hand, while DVDSP does it all for you from a layered .psd file. Ultimately both the Encore and the DVDSP authored DVDs will have a whole stack of menus filled with auto activated buttons - with the associated drawbacks. (Sluggish navigation and no mouse navigation on software DVD players.)

A real solution can only come from a new DVD spec and a new generation of set top DVD players, as the current generation of players wouldn't support such a change.

Return to posts index

Matt SeranoRe: Really annoying problem with DVD authoring programs
by on Jul 10, 2004 at 2:21:02 pm

Thanks. I figured that could be the reason.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]