Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE ENCORE DVD:HomeForumTutorialsDVD Authoring

Full Dvd Specs

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
lw3dFull Dvd Specs
by on Jul 5, 2004 at 11:18:20 pm

Does encore incoorporate the full Dvd spec when it comes to designing menus and the like

If it does not support the full allowable spec, what is it not allowing / supporting

Is this just a matter of adobe updating version of encore or is it more involved than that

Return to posts index

RoadkillRe: Full Dvd Specs
by on Jul 6, 2004 at 12:24:26 am

There is only one authoring application that offers access to nearly all features of the DVD spec: Sonic Scenarist Pro. It costs something like $25,000 and has a rather steep learning curve. Working your way through the DVD Demystified book will give you some idea of what Scenarist can do that Encore can't.

Just like Encore 1.5 has added some features that weren't available in Encore 1.0, it is to be expected that Adobe will add more of the spec's possibilities in future versions.

Return to posts index

lw3dRe: Full Dvd Specs
by on Jul 6, 2004 at 1:22:15 am

Just curious, what is encore missing to put it in another league and is there any cahnce of getting these features

Return to posts index

BJMooseRe: Full Dvd Specs
by on Jul 6, 2004 at 10:07:46 am

lw3d,

It might be easier to answer your question if you asked whether a particular menu function was part of the DVD Spec or not. While Encore has tools built within itself to create some decent menus, and it's navigation tools are excellent, you will still need to make use of tools like Premiere Pro or After Effects to take full advantage of menu artistry. With a little vision, know-how, and sweat, you can produce menus easily worthy of a Hollywood production (and some, much better).

Hope this helps...BJ

Return to posts index

lw3dRe: Full Dvd Specs
by on Jul 6, 2004 at 11:04:24 pm

ya, thats what I was looking for

I realize motion menus need ae and pshop but I wanted to know even if you have ae and pshop is there still something missing in encore that would prevent making top notch menus

it is all about the munus ...

Return to posts index

RoadkillRe: Full Dvd Specs
by on Jul 6, 2004 at 11:32:45 pm

Creating top notch menus is mostly a matter of careful preparation. Encore won't be in the way of that. :-)

Because you were asking about support of the DVD spec, I assumed your question was about things like full control over GPRMs (which have to do with advanced navigation options), support for DTS audio or for line 21 closed captioning - things like that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]