More subpicture problems
by SPCSHP on Jul 2, 2004 at 2:04:29 pm
After my initial problems of creating subpictures (see earlier post) i finally found the part i was looking for in the documentation. I only wanted the subpictures to appear, which they do.....only problem is that they don't line up with my motion menu.
Here's what i've done:
1. Make animation of the DVD menu, with the selection on there in text
2. Export one frame out of After effects which has the menu text on it
3. Import the frame into Photoshop
4. Create subpictures and line them up with the frame
5. Delete the frame and save the subpictures
6. Open encore DVD, load up the complete animation plus import the photoshop file as menu
7. Set the animation as background video and the loop point
8. Preview -> subpictures appear but they don't line up as the frame within photoshop
Question is how do i make the subpictures line up with my video?? Can't seem to find what i'm doing wrong....
What versions of After Effects and Photoshop are you using? With AE 6.5, I can do all of this work without even opening Photoshop. Under the Layer menu there are some handy "Adobe Encore DVD" options, which basically group your layers and rename them for Encore. Then use the Composition > Save Frame As > Photoshop Layers option to create your menu file. Then you can turn off the highlights, render the background, bring both files into Encore and they should combine seamlessly.
If you don't have AE 6.5, it helps to at least have Photoshop CS, which can handle non-square pixels. I suspect your problem is that after saving the file from Photoshop the aspect ratio of the menu and video background don't match. If you don't have Photoshop CS, try changing the size of the menu file to 720x534 (assuming NTSC).
Otherwise maybe it would help if you posted a screenshot showing how the highlights and background aren't matching.