Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE ENCORE DVD:HomeForumTutorialsDVD Authoring

compatably issues with mac

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
max vieghcompatably issues with mac
by on Dec 12, 2003 at 8:49:02 pm

im using a pc with a dvd-r and am having troubles with mac os 10. No video shows up and the sound is choppy and skips....I have used sonic dvd on the same system and have not encountered the problem.....any takers?

Return to posts index

Timothy KurkoskiRe: compatably issues with mac
by on Dec 12, 2003 at 9:52:19 pm

Max-

Encore writes UDF version 2.0 files onto DVD, which (last time I checked) OSX has trouble with. You can either have Encore create a DVD Image or Folder, and have another app that writes UDF 1.2 files burn it. Or you can check this out:
http://www.softarch.com/us/products/rdvd.html

-Tim

Return to posts index

max vieghRe: compatably issues with mac
by on Dec 15, 2003 at 5:39:20 pm

thanks for the info too bad encore dosent have a switch to allow you to switch between diferent versions....Do you know of any software that will write udf 1.2 files and accept encore file types?...
thanks again..

max

Return to posts index

Timothy KurkoskiRe: compatably issues with mac
by on Dec 15, 2003 at 8:55:10 pm

Off the top of my head, I think Nero can, but I wouldn't run out and buy anything until you can find out for sure. You can export from Encore as a DVD Folder or DVD Image, which are standard file types that can be burned to a DVD.

Return to posts index

by on Dec 15, 2003 at 11:03:07 pm

thanks ill do a little research and let the post know which software works.....

Return to posts index

by on Dec 17, 2003 at 8:44:54 pm

well ive done some looking around and have come up with these results...
I recently tried my dvd in a few other p.c.s and the same error i was getting with a mac happened...(no video, choppy audio). I tried to burn the dvd image from another software package but i have yet to find a package that burns .img files on the p.c. side nero, roxio. alcohol will not recgonize that format so i tried to change it to iso..and burn that didnt work at all dvd player spat it out. So then i tried a dvd folder and burning that with nero this was the error
"file is not a dvd format"
"dvd video files failed. the resulting dvd may be unplayable do you want to continue?" I tried ignoring the error and burning anyway. The dvd didnt play.
Finally I tried copying off of the first working dvd i burnt. I copied the folder on to my hard drive and tried to burn that dvd folder it worked fine which tells this....
encores build-dvd disc works fine
encores build-dvd folder does not work properly. I looked at the file size between the dvd disc and the dvd folder i burnt they were different sizes... I am at a loss. Is anyone else having issues with playing their dvds on computers? and if so is there a solution or do i have to actually work in sonic my dvd which actually works on all platforms but is very amateur....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]