Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE INDESIGN:HomeInDesign ForumInDesign TutorialsAdobe InDesign

Design

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Dirk DallasDesign
by on Dec 10, 2004 at 5:37:48 pm

I am new to After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator and I want to learn Design. Besides going to school, are there any books out that are recommended for learning Design? I have Total Training, I have the Meyers books but now I need something more foundational. I dont mind getting a book focused on print first because I know design is design. You either have it or dont.

Help any would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Brant MillsRe: Design
by on Dec 11, 2004 at 1:25:23 am

You may be able to find an art school, graphic design school or a university with a good reputation for their graphic design program and find out which textbooks the professors are teaching from - then you can buy them from the campus bookstore or online and pick up some of the essentials without having to take the class - but the class would probably be a better way to go if you want more in depth study and explanation.

Hope that helps
~Brant

Return to posts index

Mike GondekRe: Design
by on Dec 28, 2004 at 4:19:07 pm

I get alot of books to review and would have to say InDesign books are not yet in the same class as AE, Photoshop or Illustrator books. When I teach classes students wnat to know about creating indexes, xml, networking libraries, uniting their glyph sets.

There are good sources for the difference between Quark & InDesign, or learning the basics of InDesign. So far nothing really that teaches advanced techniques,or interactive design projects.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]