Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE INDESIGN:HomeInDesign ForumInDesign TutorialsAdobe InDesign

Newbie to InDesign

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
SmoothNewbie to InDesign
by on Mar 20, 2004 at 5:06:24 pm

I just purchased In-design & will start helping laying out pages shortly. My question is this: one of my graphic design contacts told us to work in "in-design" when I am creating ads. I was told that if I work in Photoshop & then import the files into In-Design that I would get problems. Something about rasterizing the text when it was imported? Why would there be an issue going between Adobe products... it doesn't make since to me. Are there any issues importing a Photoshop or Illustrator file into In-Design that any of you know of? I was also told that I probably wouldn't be able to see it on my monitor but it will become apparent when it went to print. I appreciate any comments or insight... TIA.

Return to posts index

Mike GondekRe: Newbie to InDesign
by on Mar 22, 2004 at 7:32:54 pm

InDesign works just like Illustrator does, so the problem is not with InDesign but the limitation of each file format. Save your artwork from from Photoshop as PDF, if you have editable type. You can assign a clipping path to PDFf though for hard edge transparency.

If you need soft transparency save from Phtoshop as a .psd and place that in InDesign. Unfortunately with the Photoshop format, type gets rasterized so you loose vector quality. so you have to either choose between editable type or sft edges and use one of the 2 formats.

Return to posts index

Mike GondekRe: Newbie to InDesign
by on Mar 23, 2004 at 3:55:56 am

Looking into this further PDF is actually the best format with the most options that you should save with in Photohsop, before importing to InDesign.

Put compression at max quailty so that your images don't loose theire quality. When savinga PDF from Photoshop, you get 2 dialog boxes. On the second dialog, make sure transparency is checked(will only be availabel if your fiel has soft transparency in it), and do NOT check convert text to outlines. This will give you vector type and even soft transparency.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]