Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
RED GIANT SOFTWARE:Red Giant TutorialsTrapcode TutorialsTrapcode ForumMagic Bullet ForumMagic Bullet TutorialsAE TutorialsAE Forum

Shutter speed and Magic Bullet

COW Forums : Magic Bullet Suite

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Jeb HoShutter speed and Magic Bullet
by on May 26, 2004 at 2:59:46 pm

I was wondering whether anyone could help me?

I have a canon xl1 and will soon be shooting some footage - there is a possiblity (should we get the funding) to process it through Magic Bullet. However, we've been told to shoot everything at 1/50 shutter so that the motion blur works properly. Firstly, is this correct?and secondly when we have tested at this speed the picture is very bleached, any tips?

Sorry if I sound rather naive, but I am with digital :)

Jeb

Return to posts index

jasonRe: Shutter speed and Magic Bullet
by on May 26, 2004 at 7:42:42 pm

you would use 1/50th if you are shooting for PAL adn 1/60th if you are shooting NTSC.
not sure about the bleaching as the actual magic bullet does not affect color or look just de-interlacing and de-artifacting..the look suite handles the coor management.

j

Return to posts index

Jeb HoRe: Shutter speed and Magic Bullet
by on May 26, 2004 at 10:29:28 pm

Sorry, wasn't too clear. The bleaching isn't magic bullet. This bleaching is caused by the shutter being so slow, and even with a small apeture the footage is two bright. not sure how to compensate for that really.

best wishes,
Jeb

Return to posts index

Barend OnneweerRe: Shutter speed and Magic Bullet
by on May 27, 2004 at 11:29:31 am

That's why it's a good thing to have ND filters at hand (Neutral Density filters), that basically lower the amount of light hitting the lens, giving you room for more creative use of shutterspeed and iris opening.

Bar3nd

Forum COWmunity leader for:
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS
MAGIC BULLET SUITE
INDIE FILM & DOCUMENTARY

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]