Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
RED GIANT SOFTWARE:Red Giant TutorialsTrapcode TutorialsTrapcode ForumMagic Bullet ForumMagic Bullet TutorialsAE TutorialsAE Forum

28 Days...later

COW Forums : Magic Bullet Suite

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Jon Paul28 Days...later
by on Jul 3, 2003 at 8:37:28 pm

Hey has anyone seen the movie "28 Days Later." I heard it was shot on the Canon XL1-S and it is amazing...it looks like film! I was wondering if it was transfered to film or if it used something like magic bullet.

- Jon Paul

Return to posts index

Sean C. CunninghamRe: 28 Days...later
by on Jul 5, 2003 at 7:42:38 am

Hmm, I don't know about MB but I watched it on DVD at a friend's place a few weeks back and it just looked like PAL. That was fine though and after a while it was easy to stop thinking about the look and just concentrate on being scared. The camera work was very well done though.

I think it helped that they kept handheld shots to a minimum, since the lightness of movement would give away that it was a camcorder. It seemed to be mostly dolly and stick shots. Perhaps they used one of those bicycle grip shoulder mounts or had it on a standard bridgeplate and handheld/shoulder rig designed for larger cameras.

We didn't play through all the supplementals on the disk, just some deleted scenes. I'd be interested in pictures of how they had it decked out.

Return to posts index

oliverRe: 28 Days...later
by on Jul 5, 2003 at 9:07:18 pm

Shot on PAL XL1s in frame mode, 4:3 aspect ratio matted to 16:9, with Optex adaptors and cine lenses. I believe MPC in London handled post— uprezzing, cc, etc. The details are in here:

http://www.theasc.com/magazine/july03/sub/index.html#

Return to posts index

UsmanRe: 28 Days...later
by on Jul 26, 2003 at 1:02:44 am

It looked like PAL to me. How much better would it look if they had used the MB suite?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]