Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

6.5 Earthquake centered 11 mi NE of Cambria, CA

COW Forums : Matrox Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Kathlyn Lindeboom6.5 Earthquake centered 11 mi NE of Cambria, CA
by on Dec 22, 2003 at 11:49:30 pm

Many of you have written and wanted to make sure that we're okay, so I am posting this here.

About 11:15 am Pacific time, there was an earthquake that measured 6.5. It was centered about 11 miles NE of where Ron and I live.

It was a shallow based quake, so the shaking was quite intense. In fact, Ron and I haven't felt anything like this in a number of years. The shaking was quite intense -- the power went off, but was restored after a couple of minutes. We've had numerous aftershocks. But we've not sustained any major damage. A few knick knacks flew off the shelves, but other than that, we're fine. (A bit shaken, but fine.) Apparently there were a couple of fires in our small town (around 6,000), but nothing has been confirmed.

The primary damage seems to be in Paso Robles, CA -- which is about 30 miles over the hill. They had a building crumble, and so far 2 people have been confirmed dead from the collapse.

They have said that if this had happened in a more populated area, the devastation and loss of life would have been immense. So i consider us quite fortunate. The actual cow server is housed in LA, so there should be no problems with the cow.

Ron is very sick with the flu, so we probably won't be online much.

Thanks to everyone for your concern.

Kathlyn Lindeboom
The Mistress of Mmmooooo!™
creativecow.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]