Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
DVD AUTHORING:Forum- TutorialsEncore DVD Forum- TutorialsDVD Workshop, UleadDVDit, SonicApple DVD Forum- Tutorials

Error in File bad burns and no burn

COW Forums : DVD Workshop, Ulead

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Shonie De La RosaError in File bad burns and no burn
by on Jun 6, 2003 at 10:12:43 pm

I compiled all videos, made a menu, all worked great for 8 burns, then I got 3 bad burns and the 3 did not play. Says the disc is corrupt when trying to play in DVD player. The previous 8 burns worked great. I saved the project and had no other programs while running DVD Workshop. When i restart and try to open the project, it says it is missing files. This is not the first time this has happened to me, it has happened many times before and I have had to go back and recreate the entire project from scratch again. Even sometimes after I do it all over again, it won't burn because of errors. I uninstall the program and reinstall with all the latest patches, it works fine for awhile and I go right back to the same problem again. This is getting me very upset. DVDs @ $4.00 a pop get pretty expensive after a number of bad burns. I bought this product because it had good reviews. I'm happy with it, except for the problems the program has in it. Any help for me here?

P.S. Sure would be great if Adobe made DVD Authoring software.

Sheephead Films

Return to posts index

Ron VacelukeRe: Error in File bad burns and no burn
by on Jun 7, 2003 at 4:39:47 am

I never burn from this program. I save the VIDEO_TS folder and then burn with the program that came with my A0-3 (Prassi). I also save all the project folders as well as the associated album cover artwork, etc. on a dedicated firewire HD. That way I can always go back and make more copies of the completed project at any time.
Ron

Return to posts index

Tony CrissRe: Error in File bad burns and no burn
by on Jun 7, 2003 at 6:08:42 am

When I build a DVD, I always create an image file. Then burn from the image file. That way, everything is already built and all the Burner has to do is burn the disk. I have had a problem with some newer media and burning with DVD Workshop and was able to get a good burn using Nero. I have an older A03. It doesn't seem to like the newer media. I have to slow Nero down to single speed burning to get a clean burn. DVD Workshop doesn't have this option. At anyrate, the way to go is to build an image file and then burn from that.

Tony Criss
Tony Criss Productions
Juneau, Alaska
jcriss@gci.net

Return to posts index

ScheifRe: Error in File bad burns and no burn
by on Jun 7, 2003 at 5:06:22 pm

Tony, have you upgraded the firmware on your burner? I also have an A03 and have upgraded it four times. The first time was when it wouldn't recognize a blank DVD-R, and the upgrade did the trick. Subsequent firmware updates added support for higher speed media, and there was a mandatory upgrade to prevent overheating with higher speed media, if I recall corretly.

A03 firmware updates can be found here:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/Pioneer/CDA/ServiceAndSupport/SelfHelpFor...

BTW, to keep this post on-topic :-), I also create a folder from DVDWS and burn from there using Prassi Primo DVD. This has another advantage in that you can preview the production in a software DVD player before final burn.

----

Cheers,
  Fred Scheifele
  http://www.Scheif.net

Return to posts index

Tony CrissRe: Error in File bad burns and no burn
by on Jun 8, 2003 at 12:40:08 am

Yes, I have upgraded the firmware twice, Once in April when the first warning came out and then again last week when I was trying to burn a new batch of Verbatim DVD-R disks that I just got in. I have a new Pioneer A05 on the way. It will be good to actually burn at 4X speed. It will Save me lots of computer time.

Tony Criss
Tony Criss Productions
Juneau, Alaska
jcriss@gci.net

Return to posts index

mrbbRe: Error in File bad burns and no burn
by on Jun 7, 2003 at 7:29:48 pm

Another advantage to burning from Prassi or Nero is the ability to add other files. Readme files, still photos, etc. I usually put title on one of my menus that says "Be sure to check out the DVD-ROM features of this disc" or something similar.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]