Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
DVD AUTHORING:Forum- TutorialsEncore DVD Forum- TutorialsDVD Workshop, UleadDVDit, SonicApple DVD Forum- Tutorials

Video "multiplexing" taking to long???

COW Forums : DVD Workshop, Ulead

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
dave zVideo "multiplexing" taking to long???
by on Apr 20, 2003 at 4:59:19 am

Hell all...

I have created an m2v and an mpa file in Cinemacraft encoder (trial)......The resulting files import into DVDWS ok - I use "use replacement audio file" to get the .mpa file to work....the files are 6000 bitrate for video and 256 for audio...used the "dvd compliant" settings and whatnot in CCE.

Vieiwing the "finish" mode results in everything working, but the video starts to stutter and delay in starting the further along in the file my chapters are.....this has happened before andt he resulting burn was ok (although very annoying)...

Now I am trying to make the vob files on my hard drive, suing an 8000 setting (to prevent rerendering) and LPCM audio....it is telling me it neeeds 5.5 hours to multiplex the files!?!?!? Is DVDWS re-rendering something?? I have the "do not render compliant files" box checked....

I am getting very burnt out on all of my DVD problems....

Can anyone help me??

Thanks in advance...

DZ

Return to posts index

Lamont CranstonRe: Video "multiplexing" taking to long???
by on Apr 20, 2003 at 10:56:05 am

Dave, when you setup CCE did you choose 2 pass VBR? If yes, in DVDWS go to the Edit page and right click on your m2v video in the library, then click on Properties. What is the max video data rate?

- LC

Return to posts index

dave zRe: Video "multiplexing" taking to long???
by on Apr 20, 2003 at 10:06:48 pm

Hello...

No, I used the CBR 6000 setting.....

I found out that even though the timer said 5 hours remaining, it took 45 minutes or so and was completed properly....

I still have the issue of the CCE m2v files playing VERY poorly when doing the "finish" step to preview the disk......Video loads one frame at a time and is very very out of sync....WHen I make the image and nurn though it seems ok so far....

............?

Return to posts index

dave zRe: Video "multiplexing" taking to long???
by on Apr 21, 2003 at 12:09:01 am

Well, I started a second disc and it has taken 2 hours to get to 45% in step 4 (audio/video multiplexing)........the first one said 5 hours but only took 45 minutes....this one says 2 hrs 36 minutes to go....again, I have the "do not convert compliant files" checked.......

I am following the same steps as the first...

I dont know why this has to be so goofy.........what am I doing wrong????

Perhaps because I am using the m2v files as-is and not renaming them to mpg???

DZ

Return to posts index

Lamont CranstonRe: Video "multiplexing" taking to long???
by on Apr 21, 2003 at 11:49:09 am

Dave, I created a NTCS DVD 720 x 480 mpeg2 @ 1- pass CBR 6000 elemental stream mv2 and a elemental stream mpeg 1 layer 2 audio 256 kbps (mpa) with CCE. I imported the streams into DVDWS 1.3, skipped the menu, and created DVD Folder with Do not convert compliant file checked. No matter what Make Disk template I chose the folders were created with no rernedering. I have never had a problem with rerendering if I had Do not convert compliant file checked unless there was a real problem with the mpeg or audio file.

- LC

Return to posts index

Dave ZRe: Video "multiplexing" taking to long???
by on Apr 22, 2003 at 12:19:56 pm

It is so strange....I authored my 3rd dic this AM and and it multiplexed in like 20 minutes tops.....the others took 4 hours....no idea why...didnt change a dang thing.

DZ

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]