Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
DVD AUTHORING:Forum- TutorialsEncore DVD Forum- TutorialsDVD Workshop, UleadDVDit, SonicApple DVD Forum- Tutorials

Strange behavior ....

COW Forums : DVD Workshop, Ulead

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
raf1Strange behavior ....
by on Apr 12, 2003 at 12:59:59 pm

I have been using DVDWS 1.3 plus the AC-3 module for some time now. I just went to reopen a completed project (wanted to burn an ISO image). As it tried to load the components of the project (mpg, m2v, mpe), it told me every file had been modified - Do I want to link to another file? Now, these files had not be touch with the possible exception of my drive being defragged. I declined "linking to another file" and when I go to the finish section I get the 'DVD Workshop has encounter problems and needs to close' song and dance. This is very odd and has been the only hiccup I've had with DVDWS. Any ideas or experience regarding this scenario? Also, is there any way (other utility) to take my VIDEO_TS directory and burn an ISO image with that instead of using DVDWS?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Lamont CranstonRe: Strange behavior ....
by on Apr 12, 2003 at 1:20:46 pm

You can Nero from http://www.nero.com/ to burn the DVD from the folders.

- LC

Return to posts index

raf1Re: Strange behavior ....
by on Apr 12, 2003 at 2:59:00 pm

Hey Lamont - haven't heard from you since you helped with my last "challenge". I have no problem burning to DVD from the VIDEO_TS folder (I use Record Now Max - have never tried burning with DVDWS) just wondered if anyone had the problem with the claimed "modified files" message and program crash. I think you're telling me that Nero can create an ISO file from the VIDEO_TS folder? If so, I guess Record now can probably do the same.

Thanks for your response.

raf

Return to posts index

Lamont CranstonRe: Strange behavior ....
by on Apr 12, 2003 at 3:38:41 pm

RAF, in my case DVDWS only posts the Relink message for files I have modified. Nero will burn the DVD from the iso image or from the DVD folders. I always burn with DVDWS with no problem.

- LC

Return to posts index

mrbbRe: Strange behavior ....
by on Apr 13, 2003 at 6:45:44 am

There is a post on the Ulead Web Board about this problem - referred to as the "daylight savings day bug." Apparently some people have had a problem with this since the time change last weekend.

Return to posts index

raf1Re: Strange behavior ....
by on Apr 13, 2003 at 8:28:35 pm

You know what - I believe you may be right. Its amazing how the most mundane event is morphed into an DVDWS problem.

Go figure.

Thanks for the info.

raf

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]