Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
DVD AUTHORING:Forum- TutorialsEncore DVD Forum- TutorialsDVD Workshop, UleadDVDit, SonicApple DVD Forum- Tutorials

AC3??

COW Forums : DVD Workshop, Ulead

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Samuel WellsAC3??
by on Jan 25, 2003 at 12:55:58 am

I read in an ealier post that you can add ac3 audio to replace mpg audio in dvdws is this possible or do I have to wait and buy Uleads encoder ....PS I already Have Soft Encode from SOnic Foundry......
Sam

Return to posts index

TJ LavataiRe: AC3??
by on Jan 25, 2003 at 3:23:52 am

Hi,

I believe that DVDWS 1.3 will NOT accept AC3 as a replacement audio.
However, versions 1.0 and 1.2 definately accept AC3 that is already muxed with the video file - I assume 1.3 would also.

Simply encode your audio with Softencode, mux with your video in Tempgenc, and you're all set!

BTW - I usually create my motion menus in Adobe Premiere, using some of the same elements that are in the video (Digital Juice jumbacks are great for this).
Whether I create a full menu, or just the background in Premiere, I always choose my background audio and mux it with the motion menu. That way I have Dolby in the menu and the movie.

Happy authoring !
TJ

Return to posts index

Samuel WellsRe: AC3??
by on Jan 26, 2003 at 6:35:07 pm

Any info on using temgenc for muxing would be helpful I am not familiar with that utility .. and the only info I can find is for Pirating DVDs :( ......
Sam

Return to posts index

Will BordenRe: AC3??
by on Jan 27, 2003 at 3:59:38 am

You might try here.. The older version looks better in netscape 4.78 ..
http://pwp.netcabo.pt/0165394101/TMPGEnc_Template.html
http://pwp.netcabo.pt/0165394101/TMPGEnc_Calculator.html

Return to posts index

Mike DowneyRe: AC3??
by on Jan 30, 2003 at 12:42:09 am

It was stated in a post alittle later here that ac3 was ok with the beta of 1.3 but not in the release version.

The official version with ac3 support is coming soon :)

Mike

Return to posts index

mike vincentRe: AC3??
by on Jan 30, 2003 at 7:48:05 am

yes Mike Downey is right it will be the end of Febuary with a new product name DVD Workshop AC3 or for those that already own DVDWS there will be the AC3 booster pack ..

Return to posts index

NolonemoRe: AC3??
by on Feb 1, 2003 at 2:52:34 am

Not so, I've authored premuxed AC3 (3/0) with 1.3 no problems.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]