Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
PANASONIC AG-DVX:Panasonic AG-DVX ForumPanasonic HVX - HPXPanasonic Varicam

Noah: 24P advanced to DVDSP3

COW Forums : Panasonic AG-DVX100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Mitch IvesNoah: 24P advanced to DVDSP3
by on May 31, 2004 at 8:08:48 am

Noah, I seem to have missed some part of the process in DVDSP3, or perhaps it just shows up wrong.

1) I shot in 24P advanced... edited it fine, exported it as a 24P 16:9 movie (I made it self contained). It shows up fine in Quicktime Player at 23.98, 720x480 (2.9MB/sec.)

2) Took it into Compressor and made the m2V and aiff files. When I import the m2v file into DVDSP3 the rate shows 29.97 in the assets column. Is this a glitch in DVDSP3, or did something happen along the way in the m2v file? Perhaps I misunderstood... I thought I could make a 24P DVD?

3) One other thing, when I open the m2v file into Quicktime Player, it shows the right frame rate, but the size is 720x404, instead of 480. I re-encoding it again to see if that was a fluke.

Any thoughts or comments?

Return to posts index

Noah KadnerRe: Noah: 24P advanced to DVDSP3
by on May 31, 2004 at 10:09:27 am

Both are normal. DVDSP will report the 29.97 timecode because that is what players need for proper pulldown of 24p MPEG2. The QT report is also a lingering bug that doesn't affect quality.

Noah

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]