Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
PANASONIC AG-DVX:Panasonic AG-DVX ForumPanasonic HVX - HPXPanasonic Varicam

Is the Panasonic Wide Angle Lens Zoom Thru???

COW Forums : Panasonic AG-DVX100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Jay BlanchardIs the Panasonic Wide Angle Lens Zoom Thru???
by on Dec 8, 2003 at 9:11:42 pm

Also, how does it compare to the zoom-thru Century Optics ($300 more) and non-zoom thru Century Optics ($50 less)?

Thanks all.

Return to posts index

ICExpoRe: Is the Panasonic Wide Angle Lens Zoom Thru???
by on Dec 9, 2003 at 4:06:44 am

See http://www.icexpo.com/dvx100 for comparison pictures.

The Panasonic is full zoom through, $400, and only .8x wide-angle.

The Century .6x is part zoom through, $300, and super-wide.

The Century .7x is full zoom through, $650, and halfway in-between the other two as far as wideness.

The Century is a bit wider than the Panasonic, and 50% more expensive. In its favor it bayonets on/off very quickly, as opposed to the laborious threading procedure for the Panasonic.

The Century .6x is much wider than the Panasonic, and less expensive, and also bayonets on/off. But you only get about 60% to 65% zoom-through. After comparing them all, I came to the conclusion that the Century .6x is the best bang-for-the-buck, and if I want wide angle, I want WIDE, right? So why bother zooming through? But in retrospect, I think the Century .7x would be easier to live with, because you don't have to ever worry about your zoom-through. If the extra cost doesn't put you off, it's a good way to go. If you don't need that much wide-angle and you're going to leave the lens on a lot, the Panasonic is also a decent option.

Return to posts index

Jay BlanchardRe: Is the Panasonic Wide Angle Lens Zoom Thru???
by on Dec 9, 2003 at 6:52:25 pm

Thanks, that was very helpful & answered all of my questions...except one.

The cheaper, not-fully-zoom-thru Century optics lens is the widest. But does this cause any fisheye effect or vignetting?

Return to posts index

John BealeAny experience with Century 0.6 wide? ( VX-06WA-DVX )
by on Jan 12, 2004 at 4:07:59 am

Has anyone tried the Century 0.6 wide adaptor (Century VS-06WA-DVX ) on the DVX100? what were your impressions of this lens with respect to barrel distortion, vignetting, focus and chromatic abberation in the corners?

thanks for any info!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]