Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
PANASONIC VARICAM:Panasonic Varicam ForumPanasonic HVX - HPX SeriesPanasonic AG-DVX Series

msg from admin: 2 for 1 - new features and a thank you

COW Forums : Panasonic VariCam

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Curtis Thompsonmsg from admin: 2 for 1 - new features and a thank you
by on Feb 23, 2003 at 4:52:22 am

hello all...

to avoid filling up the boards with numerous posts, i've decided to combine my two notes into one message....

New Features

i'm pleased to announce two new features - one is a newly updated hub section (and new hubs to go with it), and the other is a slight change (for the better) in how you will be notified when you make the request while posting.

if you go to "change forum" in the nav menu to the left, you will see 6 new hubs listed at the top of the resulting page. if you click on any of those links, you will be taken to a custom hub page, which has all the current article and news releases for all forums in that hub. if you visit a forum via a link from that hub, you will see a new "hub" pulldown on the view posts pages and a link to the hub on the read post page. you can use this pulldown to navigate to other forums in the hub. if you visit the forum directly, you will not see this link, but you can use the forum as you normally would in either mode.

in addition to this, i have updated the email notification to alert you if there is a response anywhere in the thread that you have posted in (and requested a response notification for). what this means is that if you request to be notified about a response to your post, you will also now be notified if there are any other posts in the thread (such as a response to the response to your post), or a response on a different wing of the thread.

Cow West Thanks

i also just wanted to personally thank each and every one of you who attended cow west. it was _fantastic_ to meet people, and it was certainly a warm fuzzy feeling to walk around and see the conference that we all built. going to nab or siggraph is one thing, but a cow conference is by far a much more rewarding experience. my favorite thing about being associated with the cow is that i get to watch people learn and expand their horizons, and it was even better to see it in person at the show.

thanks so much to everybody who had a hand in setting up the show - mainly ron & kathlyn and all the good folks at mev media, but also to everybody else who helped out. also, it goes w/o saying that we have the best leaders and speakers on the net, and a big thanks goes out to all the people who took time out of their busy schedules to come to the show and share their knowledge with everyone else. we also very much appreciate all of you who came to the show. we couldn't do any of this without you.

to those of you who couldn't make it, you missed out on a great show. i'm sorry that we didn't see you there, but with hope we can get a chance to meet sooner rather than later... :-)

so that's it - as usual, if you have any questions or comments on the new features, please feel free to respond to this post or email me directly at curtis@creativecow.net.

thanks much...

kathlyn, ron, jason and curtis

Curtis Thompson
Technical Director
Creative Cow

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]