Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

They Are Driving Me Insane!!!!

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Andy StintonThey Are Driving Me Insane!!!!
by on Oct 31, 2001 at 6:35:51 pm

It drives me insane!!!!!!!!

I’m doing a live show and video shoot tomorrow which involves Natalie Cole. I have just heard from her “people” who have stressed the tightest shot allowed is from waist up. Cameras or camera men can’t move and it’s up to discussion as to whether I can put a camera up front at the edge of the stage.

I recently went trough this with Bob Newhart who would only allow one camera from the back of the hall with a sport lens. This camera was only allowed to pan …..no zoom. I had to sign an affidavit to assure his anal manager that I or any of my crew would contravene his rules . Couple this with the fact that only the farthest from the stage projection screens could be on during his performance, which left the first part of the audience peering at a dwarf sized Newhart…. nice !!!!!!

In the case of Newhart we where paying him $80,000 plus rider.

I don’t get it. If we treated our clients like this we would all be broke. I understand that they want to look their best but most vidiots want the finished product to look it’s best too.

What the hell are these peoples problem????

Now I’ve got that off my chest I will appear on site with a renewed karma

Return to posts index

Nick GriffinRe: They Are Driving Me Insane!!!!
by on Oct 31, 2001 at 6:47:38 pm

"I understand that they want to look their best but most vidiots want the finished product to look it’s best too."

Isn't this the point where the call (and negotiating power) should come from a wise and powerful Exec Producer -- someone whose responsibility is the quality of the complete project?

Return to posts index

Andy StintonRe: They Are Driving Me Insane!!!!
by on Oct 31, 2001 at 7:40:19 pm

Yes I have gone down that road and always been given the choice of "you abide or they don't play". Given the choice I know which one the client will take and so does the artists manager

I had James Brown the week after he had walked off the stage in Atlanta 10 mins into his perfromance becuae a camera man moved in front of the stage. I don't even want to talk about Cosby who actually threw a cameraman out who was lving within his rules.

Just where in all of do these "people" care about the quality of production? From my angle they don't .

Gee I hope I wasn't like this when I was in their position:)

Return to posts index

Erik BurkeRe: They Are Driving Me Insane!!!!
by on Oct 31, 2001 at 10:52:20 pm

As John Huston would say:

"We can do pictures my way, and we can do pictures their way. It's just going to cost them a bit more."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]