Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AJA:AJA io ForumAJA Kona ForumAJA Xena ForumAJA io TutorialsAJA Kona TutorialsAJA Xena TutorialsAJA

Re: Medea RTRX Stuttering on dissolves in FCP4/AJA Kona - WHY?!?!?!

COW Forums : AJA Kona

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Darren KellyRe: Medea RTRX Stuttering on dissolves in FCP4/AJA Kona - WHY?!?!?!
by on Sep 16, 2003 at 8:18:16 pm

As I said earlier, to each his own.

What I can tell you is Huge provides a 30 day money back guarantee, and promise to work with you to solve any technical issues. that's the best promise I've ever had. Additionally, when you call them, they actually answer the telephone.

Yes, the SCSI chain can accomodate 4 TB - just find a drive combination that supports it. The biggest drive I am aware of is 181 gigs, so at 16 devices in the chain, that's a total of 2.896TB. The price of such a beast (which is a factor, unless you have won a large lottery prize ) is substantial. I would estimate something over $25K.

So, for about $6K, I'm willing to take Huge Systems 30 days and their support package and try it.

I don't doubt you can manage with the raid you have built. When I and many others moved to NLE, we started with 2 - 4.3 gig drives, which if you were careful gave you about 20 minutes of 5:1 compressed video. Today, I could never survive on less than several hours of space.

Cheers

DBK

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]