Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AJA:AJA io ForumAJA Kona ForumAJA Xena ForumAJA io TutorialsAJA Kona TutorialsAJA Xena TutorialsAJA

See. Waste of time.

COW Forums : AJA Kona

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

mike strovenSee. Waste of time.
by on Feb 10, 2003 at 2:32:44 pm

Thank you for making my point.
The question was:

" I captured production sound on the set on Nagra or DAT at 24fps. How do I sync that audio in my 23.98 (or 29.97) timeline?"

I guess it's fine for you to ignore any logical technical issues, and instead focus on your little campain of accusations. You know libel is a nasty word.

By the way, in case you missed it before, the answer is: "You have to pull the audio before it will sync." You might want to write it down in case someone else asks. For the benefit of your customers, you might even give examples of ways to pull the audio, such as:

1) Pay to have the telecine house pull it for you.
2) Pull it yourself by renting an evertz re-clocking audio converter.
3) Pay to get a better DAT that can record at 48.048 KHz on the set. Then play at 48000 into your NLE
4) Use an FCP speed change effect to resample the audio. Render it and hope that it is accurate.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]