Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AJA:AJA io ForumAJA Kona ForumAJA Xena ForumAJA io TutorialsAJA Kona TutorialsAJA Xena TutorialsAJA

Re: Calm down...

COW Forums : AJA Kona

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bart HarrisonRe: Calm down...
by on Oct 12, 2002 at 5:19:59 am

[Grant Petty] "and wanted to point out the CineWave codec was better with the hardware installed."

Grant,

The point that I and others have been trying to make isn't, as you say, that "the CineWave codec is better with the hardware installed" because in-fact it's actually a DIFFERENT codec entirely. So when someone makes a public statement that CineWave doesn't hold a candle to Kona then points to Marco's codec page as proof, well this just isn't right at all. And it's been going on for many months !

I'll put it this way. Among all the people here who badmouth CineWave often is there anyone, ANYONE who's actually bothered testing it ? I mean Kona 8-bit against CineWave 8-bit and Kona 10-bit against CineWave 16-bit ? If you're out there please stand up and be counted. Many enquiring minds want to know !

Bart

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
"Build `em right... support `em well... let our customers do the talking !"

Bart Harrison
Multimedia Programming America
The HD Suite

America's VAR
Apple, Shake, CineWave, Kona, & Rorke SAN
http://www.mpa.net

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread: