Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AJA:AJA io ForumAJA Kona ForumAJA Xena ForumAJA io TutorialsAJA Kona TutorialsAJA Xena TutorialsAJA

Re: Calm down...

COW Forums : AJA Kona

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Walter BiscardiRe: Calm down...
by on Oct 11, 2002 at 11:27:48 am

[Marco Solorio] "So what's the issue? I don't see why this continues to linger on so far! "

I think it lingers on because of the passion on all sides of the issue. It was the same when I was on Media 100 for all those years and we would argue our case against the AVID guys. I used to argue that Media 100 with After Effects and Photoshop could outperform an AVID at about 1/3 the price with a better picture quality. In fact I used to have three Media 100 systems so I would argue that for the same price as on AVID, I could have three projects going simultaneously. That used to fall on deaf ears.

Now we have one editing software that can run with multiple capture cards so we end up with thousands of people running the same software, but arguing over who gets the best quality with their capture card. It's just the same argument and there are some deaf ears on all sides.

No matter what any of us say or show in our "pixel by pixel tests", Kona, Voodoo, Igniter and CineWave are all a great card for the end user. If you are happy with your card, then you will have a passion for it and defend it to anyone. If you're not happy with the card, be thankful you have other options available to you without having to learn a new interface or editing software, simply change out the hardware and keep going in FCP.

Myself, I went with the CineWave for the real-time effects and I won't trade those effects for anything. My clients are extremely pleased with the quality and performance of my system and ultimately that is all that matters regardless of the capture card solution we go with. If your clients are happy with the end product, it's earning you income, and you like the capture card solution you went with, then you made the right decision for your needs.

All the best!

Walter Biscardi
Final Cut Pro / CineWave Forum Host
Owner/Creative Director, d'Arte media creations
http://www.dartemedia.com

Class on Demand Producer
http://www.classondemand.net

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter