Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AJA:AJA io ForumAJA Kona ForumAJA Xena ForumAJA io TutorialsAJA Kona TutorialsAJA Xena TutorialsAJA

Re: Storage Questions for Marco -

COW Forums : AJA Kona

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Marco SolorioRe: Storage Questions for Marco -
by on Aug 16, 2002 at 10:29:39 pm

Hi David,

90% of my work deals with 2D/3D animated content, visual effects, CGI, etc., so my hard drive space requirements are low due to the short program TRTs... even using the 10-bit codec. The longest my TRTs are going are between 5 to 9 minutes in lengh. Cartoons like Dexter's Laboratory and Powerpuff Girls are an example where they fit 3 programs in a half-hour show (make time for commercials of course!).

I admit that I'm running out of room (and "get by"), but I'm seriously looking into external arrays at this point. Partially due to the extra heat the two Cheetah drives create in the G4. I'm tempted to build my own 4-disk array, but I need to do more research. Either way, I just hook up the external box to my Atto UL3D card.

From what I've always understood, you cannot hook up an external array *and* an internal array on one Atto card (it's either, or). Besides, the extra heat isn't worth it if you can avoid it.

As for a chart, I'm not sure where one would be. Remember too that different codecs have slightly different MB/s rates even in the same bit depth (usually only off by a few hundred kilobytes).

Marco Solorio  |  OneRiver Media

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]