Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AJA:AJA io ForumAJA Kona ForumAJA Xena ForumAJA io TutorialsAJA Kona TutorialsAJA Xena TutorialsAJA

Re: AE Preferences - What do you think?

COW Forums : AJA Kona

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Grant PettyRe: AE Preferences - What do you think?
by on Aug 4, 2002 at 1:33:59 pm

Hi,

We have a build of the installer that just kills the preferences you had, and put's the pref.'s for the Kona SD in. This is a good idea putting the old one on the desktop, but it's kind of messy, and people might freak out at weird files appearing on the desktop.

I was thinking about renaming the old one with the word old at the end, however I worried about what might happen if someone ran the installer twice, and then it took our preferences and called them old, and still killed yours. I guess this not going to be that common.

Also, installing our preferences will not stop you from selecting any others. It just means when you start up After Effects it will connect to the video output. When you make movie it will default to selecting Blackmagic Codec 10 bit. Also depending on which installer you run, either PAL or NTSC, the project defaults will be correct for the resolution and frame rate.

In addition, if you wanted to select Trillions of colors rendering, this will be all setup, and you only need to select the Project Settings to 16 bit rendering, and the output colors to Trillions in the Render Window.

So there is quite a lot setup for you with this feature, and it's also a quick way to get your system back to a default in case of finger trouble. You just need to run the installer again.

We can try posting the public beta with this feature and see what happens?

Regards,

Grant
Blackmagic Design
http://www.blackmagic-design.com

[Corbin Supak] "As far as telling AE what to use for preview, I think most people would want to switch over to the Kona settings anyway, since that's why the card is there."

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]