Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AJA:AJA io ForumAJA Kona ForumAJA Xena ForumAJA io TutorialsAJA Kona TutorialsAJA Xena TutorialsAJA

AE Preferences - What do you think?

COW Forums : AJA Kona

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Grant PettyAE Preferences - What do you think?
by on Aug 3, 2002 at 8:13:11 am

Hi,

I have asked a few of the guys such as Marco offline in emails about this idea, and I thought it might be worth posting it on the Cow to see what everyone thinks.

We have been been worried about how long it takes to setup After Effects for the Kona SD. There are so many features in the Kona SD for After Effects users now, it takes a while to get through them all, when you really just want to get into it, and start using it!

To set up the Kona SD for After Effects you need to set the preview output to the Kona RGB output, the project settings and preferences need to be changed to 25 fps or 29.97 depending on your location, and the render output needs to be changed to the Blackmagic Codec. Also you need to make some other changes for the Trillions of colors codec if you want to use this.

This is a lot of settings, and so we are working on adding the After Effects preferences into our installer so this is all done automatically when you load in the Kona SD software. We do this now with the Final Cut Pro Easy Setups.

The only down side is it overwrites all your current settings. I am not sure how many people run lots of custom AE preferences, as I assume you would normally want to set After Effects for the Kona.

Is this a problem for anyone? We are trying to add this into our Kona SD v2.1 software release. This feature would have the advantage of making system setup extremely easy, and if you had any problems, you can run the installer to get back to a default system.

Please let me know your thoughts!

Regards,

Grant
Blackmagic Design
http://www.blackmagic-design.com

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]