Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MEDIA 100:Media 100 844/X ForumMedia 100 ForumMedia 100 TutorialsMedia 100

Re: A great demo, a promising product....Interesting

COW Forums : Media 100 844/X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Kevin DRe: A great demo, a promising product....Interesting
by on Dec 19, 2002 at 1:32:55 pm

It indeed sounds like Media 100 has made great strides. I am trying to obtain a demonstration myself. We're using DS and AVID Symphony, MC, etc. at the post-house I am working at right now.

It sounds like 844 could be a step in the right direction. In your quick demonstration, was there evidence of 3-D movement parameters available? I have been hearing conflicting information regarding 844's ability to use the z-axis for applying 3-D moves to 2-D elements. I hear the bezier curve manipulation is great though. Were speed changes demonstrated and if so, how smooth and gradual could one make them?

Also, where the heck can one find a rundown or visual representation on the editing interface for 844? I've seen specs listed and a couple screenshots but it would be nice to read an article on the editing workflow benefits(trimming, layering, j-k-l, keyboard shortcut hotkeys). Some PDF info would be nice.

I find AVID's interface is great for editing but the effects are pretty basic and feel-added on (except the DS which is a reverse situation). How long did one have to wait to get AVID to introduce SOFT drop-shadows to the hardware FX? ;)

Today, I was in a session and some ad-house clients. We silently watched the render bar crawl. A little change...render-bar crawl...shift the title a bit...render...etc. They then asked me what I thought of the Symphony. I knew what they were thinking as the clock ticked by. ;)

It really got me thinking about how nice the 844 would be to work with.

I just want to know if the editing interface is up to scratch.

Any recent converts to 844 have any thoughts on how it stacks up in terms of enjoyable and intuitive editing?

(sorry I was so wordy)

S!

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]