Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Best Method for DV upconvert from DV25 files

COW Forums : Pinnacle CineWave

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Joey SchwartzBest Method for DV upconvert from DV25 files
by on Mar 11, 2003 at 9:11:28 pm

Hi Folks:

Normally, when I do an online for someone with DV25 material --be it MiniDV, DVCAM or the occasionaly DVCPRO tape -- I usually just capture it through one of the CinéWave's BOBs, depending on what deck I have available at the time. I have two projects coming in later this week and next week that are bringing in the entire project on FireWire drives. This is due to the fact that their original material, i.e. DVCAM tapes, were shot with non-continuous timecode (one of them shot with Time-of-Day Code on a DSR-570). So, obviously, batch capturing is not an option. Keep in mind I have to do Scene by Scene color correction.

Should I do one of the following:

1) Give the clients the CinéWave Codec and have them use FCP's Media Manager to duplicate the Project and transcode the DV25 Project into a CinéWave project (they will obviously expunge any unused media). Then deliver the project to me on a FireWire Drive

or

2) Have them bring the project and its related files to my site, and just uprez on the timeline with the CineWave.

or

3) Have the client export a stand alone FCP Movie and change the codec from DV25 to CinéWave 8bit YUV and then bring it on a FireWire Drive?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]