Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: EDL from Avid

COW Forums : Pinnacle CineWave

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

chrispyRe: EDL from Avid
by on Jan 10, 2003 at 1:42:46 am

Where I am and with such economic times, spending power is getting lesser and lesser and higher priced systems are no longer selling as well as it used to be, say, 4-5 years ago. I used to work for Avid and man, during the "boom-town-charlie" days, Avids were king of the hill...nothing came close. Open mouth, close mouth, Avid is the only word that we hear and credits to Avid, they brought NLE to this world in a big big way. I was proud to be involved in changing the editing environment over here...loved those days. And I also "missed" those days too when drives were failing like nobody's business...remember Micropolis ? God...total disaster.

Times have definitely changed...over here FCP based systems have more or less taken over. A complete uncompressed FCP based system is a fraction of the cost of an Avid MC so the ROI math is not difficult for most to figure out. Having said that, there are still die hard fans of Avids out there so not all is lost for them. FCP is not Avid but is definitely a close alternative.

-chrispy

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]