Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Poll: How stable is your CinéWave 3.0/FCP 3.04 setup?

COW Forums : Pinnacle CineWave

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Walter BiscardiRe: Poll: How stable is your CinéWave 3.0/FCP 3.04 setup?
by on Jan 6, 2003 at 2:26:00 pm

I'm getting about the same here. I get three types of crashes:

1 - The FCP screen dims and an Apple warning dialog box appears - "You computer must be restarted......." I get that one rarely

2 - FCP just completely disappears. No 'Unexpected Quit' error or anything, it's just gone. But the computer still functions normally.

3 - Playback gets frozen in a stutter, sometimes FCP will disappear, sometimes the computer will freeze as well.

I haven't had a session yet and don't have one until Friday. What I've been doing is capturing, editing and then running a loop for at least an hour or so. My timeline is 7 minutes and is full of every RT transitions and long stretches of RT 3-Way Color Correction. So far out of 8 attempts to loop for an hour, the system has been successful 3 times.

I agree that all of this seems to be OS and FCP related. I haven't had any crash or issue that I can relate directly to CineWave. None of the crashes has occured during an RT effect.

Walter Biscardi
Final Cut Pro / CineWave Forum Host
Owner/Creative Director, d'Arte media creations
http://www.dartemedia.com

Class on Demand Producer
http://www.classondemand.net

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy