Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Shake

COW Forums : Pinnacle CineWave

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dean NurscherRe: Shake
by on Oct 28, 2002 at 11:50:49 pm

Hi guys,

I read your posts with interest and agree a Shake forum would be great.

I think Shake really highlights the dilemma that Apple are in at the moment. Apple are slowly knocking off all the things that have been holding them back (in many markets, not just the Pro creative market) with a great OS and great s/w. Their poor h/w performance has got to be sorted though. I believe this will be a huge stumbling block for users to adopt Shake on Mac, afterall one of the primary motivators to use Shake was it's unmatched performance particularly with film-res stuff. Current Mac h/w just will not cut it for these facilties.

I think you'll find Shake is still pretty low-key in terms of Apple's marketing efforts, they know the above and more time will mean they can integrate more of their s/w features and work Shake more into a product with an Apple look and feel. I'd imagine s/w engineering resources on Shake would be pretty high at the moment. If they time their run we'll see these new s/w devs close to the release of new higher performance h/w in 2003.

Whichever way you cut it Apple's s/w offerings in this space are great now. I just can't wait to see what they do with them......

Regards

Dean

Dean Nurscher
Future Reality
Sydney, Australia

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]