Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Did I install this right?

COW Forums : Aurora Video Systems

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Aurora SupportRe: Did I install this right?
by on Jan 11, 2003 at 10:44:29 pm

Well, after 3 days of 10 hours per day working with the new driver, I have had a total of 2 unexpected quits and one "spinning wheel of death".

It seems that if you leave the log and capture window open, and let the system sit for an extended period of time (in my case it was while I went to lunch), when you come back and hit a key to clear the screen-saver, FCP greets you with a spinning wheel that never goes away. This may or may not be related to Igniter, but we'll look into it.

The first unexpected quit occurred when trying to media manage a very large project. There was no access to the Igniter hardware during this activity. The second one occured while trying to play one clip in the quickTime player and one clip in a quicktime viewer simultaneously. (Something you should NOT try at home.)

Overall, in our testing, the Igniter 5.0 drivers and FCP 3.0.4 are working every bit as well as the OS 9 drivers, and considerably better than other boards we've tested.

- Mike

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]