Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

FCP audio mixdown

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tom ValensFCP audio mixdown
by on Jul 4, 2002 at 9:56:56 pm

I'm trying to understand how audio mixdown works, and can't find info in the manuals. My understanding is that audio mixdown creates a new stereo track mixing all the existing audio tracks, and that if you then play the program in is actually playing this new audio media rather than the individual files in the clips on the timeline. But where is this file located? And what happens if I supsequesntly make a change in one of the edited audio tracks - does FCP then revert back to playing each of the edited tracks? If I then do another audio mixdown, does FCP create another file and subsequently play this new mixdown file until such time that another change is made in one of the audio tracks? Is there any indication anywhere whether it is playing a mixdown track or the individual files of the edited tracks? Anyone know? Thanks.

Tom Valens
Tamalpais Productions

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]