Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE LIVETYPE:HomeLiveType ForumFinal CutFinal Cut Tutorials

Mac Fraud alert!

COW Forums : Apple LiveType

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index

Michael AlbertsMac Fraud alert!
by on Dec 16, 2003 at 2:14:16 am

A poster here on the FCP Cow wanted some info on this company. It seems that the deals were just too good to be true. And you know what that means. I found this story on MacSlash today in regards to that company.

"Macintosh Fraud Alert! A man named Derald Dutchak, the owner of MacWhizShop, in Barnaby, Canada, is a fraud and has a website claiming to sell brand new Macs at discounted prices by buying from auctions and closing businesses. His website is:http://www.macwhizshop.com/ I was alerted to this man because he is FRAUDULENTLY using a photograph of me and Steve Jobs on his website (click on "About Us" at the bottom of the site), and is pretending that he is me. He clearly stole this photograph off of my own website. The photo of his supposed "retail store" is another fraudulent photograph -- ripped off from Creative Computers in Santa Monica, California. I was not one of his financial victims, but it appears that there are many victims who order a Macintosh from him and never receive it. He claims to have a problem with your VISA -- says if you would like to pay by another method, he will ship once funds are confirmed. Once money has been received - nothing. He then stalls people by saying it's on back order, doesn't reply to anyone, no matter how many emails you send."

The full story is at:
http://macslash.org/article.pl?sid=03/12/15/1132255

I hope that original poster on the forum took everyones good advice and stayed away from this fradulant seller.

Michael Alberts
Ambidextrous Productions, Inc.

Posts Index
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:
  • Mac Fraud alert! by Michael Alberts on Dec 16, 2003 at 2:14:16 am

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]