Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE LIVETYPE:HomeLiveType ForumFinal CutFinal Cut Tutorials

The trick to installing India DV Fonts into Live Type

COW Forums : Apple LiveType

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Sjon UeckertThe trick to installing India DV Fonts into Live Type
by on Jun 22, 2003 at 9:45:18 pm

I haven't heard from Apple yet on the problems we've encountered installing the old fonts, but in fooling around, I discovered the trick. It seems that LT wont read a folder of fonts if the fonts are contained in folders of their own. In other words, If you install a folder named India Fonts at the same level as the Pro Series folder, and that India Fonts folder contains the folders Artistic, Caricature, Chance, etc. Nothing gets read. You will only see Pro Series at the requester pull down on the media manager. If you put the folder Artistic (which contains the .afp's and the QT movies and no other internal folders) in the Live Fonts folder with Pro Series folder, Artistic appears on the pull down. I guess Live Type is locked into their pathname scheme and it won't allow looking at deeper levels. So until I get a response from higher up (call it an epiphany) this will have to do. It does work, though.

Sjon

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]